Legal - Acceptable usage policy
Acceptable usage policy
Last modified: April 15, 2022
The following terms of this Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) apply to your use of MangoHost Services as defined and provided in MangoHost Terms of Service. Please read this Policy carefully, as these terms define your additional rights and obligations that supplement our Terms of Service, and serve as a guide to acceptable behaviour and use of our Services, including our rights in relation to your breach or violation of acceptable behaviour when using our Services.
1. MangoHost cannot monitor, verify, warrant or vouch for the accuracy, quality, legality and appropriateness of the content you keep, store, disseminate, transmit or otherwise use in connection with our Services. MangoHost does not review, edit, censor or take responsibility for any content its subscribers may create. MangoHost does not review, edit, censor or take responsibility for any content you store, keep, disseminate, transmit or otherwise use in association with our Services.
2. MangoHost cannot and will not accept any responsibility for any damages, in whole or in part, associated with the use of our Services, to your or any third party, resulting from your or third party’s unacceptable use of our Services, including but not limited to storing, keeping, disseminating or transmitting inaccurate, unsuitable, offensive or illegal content with our Services. MangoHost does not normally monitor, verify, check or otherwise control the content you use with our Services.
3. You are solely responsible for the content you use with our Services and any effect it may have on goodwill, business, reputation or operations of MangoHost or any third party, including the cases when your use of our Services is wrongful or illegal. You are solely responsible for knowing and conforming to up-to-date laws and regulations governing the use of any of the content mentioned in this Policy in a region or country that allow full or partial use of such content to the extent permitted by law applicable in that region or country, e.g. if the primary purpose is educational, documentary, scientific or artistic. If an you intend to use such or similar content when it is deemed appropriate in a particular region or country, it may be available to people in that region or country, but shall or will remain unavailable to people in other regions or countries.
4. We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your use of our Services for the sake of conducting internal investigations, or when prescribed by law, for the sake of transferring content on your use of our Services to competent authorities or otherwise assisting them on this matter, including but not limited to any investigation or control performed with our own initiative or according to a legal inquiry from competent authorities.
5. The following are activities and conduct deemed straight unacceptable use of our Services, and prohibited by MangoHost to be performed by you, your affiliates or subsidiaries:
- Child Endangerment: Use associated with content that sexualizes minors, including but not limited to promotion of pedophilia or inappropriate interaction targeted at a minor. In addition, content that appeals to children but contains adult themes is not allowed, including but not limited to, content with excessive violence, blood, and gore; that depict or encourage harmful and dangerous activities. If we become aware of content with child sexual abuse imagery, we will report it to the competent authorities and cease access to the Services of those involved with the distribution.
- Sexual Content and Profanity: Use associated with or promotion of sexual content or profanity, including pornography, or any content or services intended to be sexually gratifying. We don’t allow content that appears to promote a sexual act in exchange for compensation. Information that contains nudity or sex-related themes such as depictions of sexual nudity, illustrations of sex, illegal sexual themes, bestiality, sex-related entertainment (e.g. escort services or sugar-dating) or other may be allowed if the primary purpose is educational, documentary, scientific or artistic.
- Hate Speech: We don't allow contents that promote violence, or incite hatred against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- Violence: We don't allow contents that depict or facilitate gratuitous violence or other dangerous activities such as realistic violence or violent threats to any person or animal, promotion of self-harm or suicide, terrorism, movement or organizations related or responsible for acts of violence or terrorism, including recruitment to such movement or organizations.
- Bullying and Harassment: We don't allow contents that contain or facilitate threats, harassment, humiliation or bullying.
- Dangerous Products: We don't allow contents that facilitate the sale, manufacturing, conversion or home-making of illegal explosives, firearms, ammunition, or certain firearms accessories.
- Drugs: We don't allow contents that facilitate the sale, manufacturing or home-making of both legal and illegal drugs, including depiction or encouragement of use or sale of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco by minors.
- Real-Money Gambling, Games, and Contests: Engaging in activities that are determined to be illegal, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards and pirating software, including those that do not possess a valid licensed or authorized gambling contents.
- Violation of computer, network and internet activities: Hacking, attacking, gaining access to, breaching, circumventing or testing the vulnerability of the user authentication or security of any host, network, server, personal computer, network access and control devices, software or data without express authorization of the owner of the system or network, including any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration.
- Forging of Headers: Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
- Distribution of Internet Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses or Other Destructive Activities: Distributing content regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail bombing or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the network or any connected network, system, service or equipment.
- Export Control Violations: Violating local export control laws for Software or technical content over the Internet or otherwise.
- Facilitation a Violation of this Policy: Advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available any software, program, product or service that is designed to violate this Policy, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail bombing, denial of service attacks and piracy of software.
- Other wrongful or illegal activities: Violation of any contractual or legal provisions of any kind that is deemed to be harmful to MangoHost and its affiliates or subsidiaries, and its customers, including, but not limited to their business, operations, reputation, goodwill or customer relations.
5. By using our Services you acknowledge that your violation of any of the terms of this Policy may result in your responsibility for payment of any damages awarded against MangoHost, plus costs and reasonable attorney's fees.
6. By using our Services you acknowledge that MangoHost will not intentionally monitor your contents unless required to do so by law, competent authority or when public safety is at stake. MangoHost may, however, monitor its service electronically to determine that its facilities are operating satisfactorily. Also, MangoHost may disclose content, including, but not limited to, content concerning you, a transmission made using our network, or a web site, in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation or governmental request. MangoHost assumes no obligation to inform you that your content has been provided and, in some cases, may be prohibited by law from giving such notice. Finally, MangoHost may disclose your content or content transmitted over its network where necessary to protect MangoHost and others from harm, or where such disclosure is necessary to the proper operation of the system. However, MangoHost will never sell content to other services or outside companies.
7. MangoHost reserves its right to revise this Policy from time to time.
We hope this Policy is helpful in clarifying your obligations regarding acceptable use of our Services. Any complaints about any violation of this Policy should be sent to email@example.com.